Make a Gift in 3 Easy Steps
Download our FREE guide Beneficiary Designations: Easy Ways to Leave Your Legacy.View My Guide
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their wills or estates. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Commercial annuities
It only takes three simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name the Foundation for IUP as a beneficiary:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
See How It Works
An Example of How It Works
Robert and Carol treasure the financial help they've been able to give their children and the Foundation for IUP over the years. The couple recently updated their will to leave stocks and real estate to their kids. They left the Foundation for IUP a $75,000 IRA to be transferred following their lifetime. Because the Foundation for IUP is tax-exempt, all $75,000 will help support IUP's mission.
If Robert and Carol had left the IRA to their children, approximately $18,000* would have gone to pay federal income taxes—leaving only $57,000 for their family's use. Robert and Carol are happy knowing they are making the most of their hard-earned money thanks to their updated estate plan.
*Based on an assumption of a 24 percent marginal income tax bracket.
Not Sure How to Begin Planning?Download My FREE Personal Estate Planning Kit
- Contact Dave Maudie '87 at 724-357-2243 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support the Foundation for IUP with our mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name the Foundation for IUP in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: Foundation for IUP
Address: 1011 South Drive, Indiana, PA 15705
Federal Tax ID Number: Please contact us for our federal tax ID number.
All gifts accepted in accordance with the Foundation for IUP's gift acceptance policy.
Information contained herein was accurate at the time of posting. The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in any examples are for illustrative purposes only. References to tax rates include federal taxes only and are subject to change. State law may further impact your individual results. California residents: Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. Oklahoma residents: A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. South Dakota residents: Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.